Tuesdays (7:00 AM)
- Make sure bags are less than 35 lbs.
- Do NOT place any yard waste in plastic bags
- Bundle branches with twine or rope
- Keep branches/limbs less than 4 feet in length and 2 inches in diameter
Wednesdays (7:00 AM)
- Bulk or white goods (appliances, etc.)
Bulk items (furniture, mattresses, etc.) are picked up every Wednesday. White goods (washer, dryers, etc.) are picked up the first Wednesday of the month and must be scheduled by calling J.P. Mascaro & Sons at 610-272-2765.
Rockledge Borough is a recycling community and we would like you to participate! Recycling saves Rockledge Borough $60 per ton compared to regular trash disposal.
This page outlines the programs for residents and businesses to reduce, recycle, re-use, and protect the environment.
Single Stream Recycling (All materials are collected together in one container, with no sorting required. Cans and bottles can be recycled together with newsaper, cardboard, etc.)
Newspaper and Junk Mail
- All books (hardback books with covers)
- Magazine, catalogs, phone books
- Office paper
- Brown paper bags
- Paperboard (cereal, shoe, cracker boxes, etc. Please remove liners and place in trash.)
- Corrugated cardboard (please flatten)
- Six or twelve pack soda carton carriers
- Gift wrap
- Manilla file folders
Paper that is NOT recyclable
- Carbon paper
Other recyclables (All recyclables must be clean!)
- Aluminum cans Beverage cans (Rinse thoroughly and crush to conserve space in your recycling bin)
- Steel, tin cans & lids
Please rinse the can, put the lid in the can and then carefully squeeze close the top of the can
- Glass containers
All color jars & bottles
- #1 through #7 Plastic
All plastic containers, clear or colored, with #1 through #7 on the bottom
Empty contents, rinse lightly, remove lid, crush container. If the lid is not #1 through #7, place it in the trash.
- Cartons: food and beverage cartons such as Milk, Juice, Soup, Broth, etc.
These items are NOT recyclable:
- Scrap Metal
- Film containers
- Plastic six-pack holder rings
- Motor oil containers
- Mirrors, ceramics, Pyrex
- Drinking glasses, windows, or light bulbs
- Take-out "clamshell" containers
- Plastic vitamin or prescription bottles
All the above recyclable materials can be placed in one container, with no sorting required.
Hazardous waste and materials are NOT recyclable!
Please call 610-278-3618 for more information regarding disposal of hazardous materials.
- Household batteries
- Propane tanks
- Auto care products
- Cleaning products
Thank you gokkasten for taking the time to recycle and MAKE ROCKLEDGE GREEN!